To take care of the health and taste of the food we cook in the oven, it is essential to keep it in good condition. Tips to make it shiny.
The kitchen is one of the most important appliances that we have in our kitchen. Keeping it in good condition is essential, since we prepare the food that we are going to consume there. Helpful tips on how to clean your oven and leave it sparkling.
How to clean the kitchen oven
Table of Contents
Although you can buy specific products to clean the oven, you can also use homemade options, without chemicals or toxins. It is not something minor because there we cook our food and the vapors and remains that may remain affect the quality of what we eat.
There are three steps to cleaning your kitchen oven :
- You have to take care of the interior,
- After the door that has the glass,
- Finally, from the exterior of the entire appliance, burners included.
How to clean the oven with baking soda
We put together a short list of what we need to clean the oven without chemicals.
- Spray bottle.
- Two rags.
- Sodium bicarbonate.
- A container.
- Gloves to protect hands (optional).
Cleaning the oven interior step by step
- To clean the inside of the oven, prepare a paste with half a cup of baking soda and a little water in a container. Add the water little by little until you get a paste to spread. Pass it on all the parts that need cleaning. Remember to wear gloves to protect your hands from grease and other dirt.
- Rub the paste well in each corner that you see very dirty and let it rest overnight. Baking soda will work best if you let it work for at least 12 hours.
- The next day, with a damp cloth, remove as much of the dried paste as possible. You will be able to drag the dirt that loosened the baking soda.
- Put a little vinegar in the bottle and spray the entire surface where you still see traces of baking soda paste. You will notice that the vinegar reacts with the baking soda and makes a foam.
- Rinse the foamy mixture well with a damp cloth.
- I put the oven on low for 15-20 minutes so that it dries well.
How to clean the glass window door
You can use the same baking soda and water paste that you made to clean the inside of the oven.
- Apply the paste all over the inside door and the window.
- Let stand for at least 30 minutes.
- With a cloth, remove the baking soda paste and clean the window.
- Here also sprinkle with vinegar to foam and finish removing the paste with the most adherent dirt.
- Finally, wipe the entire door and glass with a cloth with water to rinse very well.
How to get grease out of the kitchen
When we cook, it is frequent that the fat of the food and the liquids of the preparations splash and dirty the kitchen. If you do not have the constancy to clean it every time you finish cooking, the dirt will adhere and it is more difficult to remove, little by little ruining the appliance.
The products offered in the market are very efficient and can leave your appliance shiny as new. But, while they help clean quickly and efficiently, many contain chemicals that are harmful to health and the environment in the long run.
If you prefer to avoid them or replace them from time to time with homemade products, you can find a good secret on the labels of most of the most famous cleaners: in general, they are composed of lemon scents and derivatives.
As lemon is very acidic and has astringent properties, it is a good ally when cleaning the kitchen and easily removing grease. We tell you how to do it in simple steps.
- The juice of two lemons (40 ml).
- One liter of hot water (1000 ml).
- I diluted the juice of two lemons in a liter of hot water.
- Wet a sponge with the mixture and rub the interior, the grills and the burners. You can help yourself with a thick sponge for the more adherent fat.
- If necessary, repeat the process again and then rinse with a rack soaked in hot water.
You can also use baking soda to clean the outer casing of the entire kitchen. Not only does it have abrasive power but it is also a powerful bactericide. This helps clean surfaces and fight microorganisms that accumulate in some areas.
You can use it diluted in water or, directly, spread the powder on the surfaces to be cleaned and, with a thick and wet sponge, rub vigorously until the stains and dirt are removed. Then rinse with a cloth in hot water.
You can clean a gas stove or a stove with an electric oven in the same way . In this case it is best to unplug it.
Another ally of cleaning in the kitchen is apple cider vinegar. This product has antiseptic properties that help kill bacteria that breed on surfaces.
In addition, with apple cider vinegar, the stains that remain when splashed on food come out easier. It is very good for removing grease from your kitchen.
- 1 cup (250 ml) apple cider vinegar.
- Water 1 cup (250 ml).
- Mix the apple cider vinegar in the water and bring it to a boil in a jug.
- Then, let it rest and, when it is warm, wet a cloth or sponge and wipe the surface you want to clean.
- If necessary, I repeated the application.
- Finally, rinse with very hot water.
You can replace the apple cider vinegar with white vinegar.
When the dirt is very attached or to do a deep cleaning from time to time you can resort to the products offered on the market, which are very good and easily solve the task. There are different types of oven cleaners: sprayers, paste, creamy, powdered oven cleaners, etc.
Whenever you use these products, remember to first read the instructions on the packaging labels and wear gloves to protect your hands. Always keep them away from children.